As a teacher in South Korea or China, you’ll be required to:
- Have a Bachelors Degree or higher.
- Be an English-speaking national of the United States.
- Have a genuine interest in teaching.
- Be willing to respect and adapt to a foreign culture.
- Work a full-time job. 40 hours a week.
- Teach for one year (Korea).
- Teach for at least 6 months (China).
- ***Teaching experience is not a prerequisite.
Once you are placed with a school, you will receive the following benefits:
- Airfare paid for by the receiving school.
- (Korea provides airfare to Korea. China provides airfare returning home)
- Accommodations provided by the school. (single, furnished studio apt.)
- 2,100,000 KRW per month OR 6,000 Chinese RMB per month
- Paid Vacation days (plus 10-15 national holidays)
- One month bonus salary upon completion of your contract (Korea only)
Placement in China can occur immediately following the receipt of your degree, or any time afterwards depending on your availability.
Placement in Korea requires 2.5 to 3 months of paperwork collection.